Food talk from a person who enjoys eating (and often eats too much)

Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Tired and True Dinner with a Twist

After a long day of running around, I was hungry and tired by the time I got home tonight. That combination usually leads to one thing: me, in a bad mood. Walking the dog in 24 degree weather certainly didn't help either

Eventually, the inevitable question arises: What should I eat for dinner?

Too lazy to go to the grocery store and not patient enough to wait for delivery, I search the fridge and cabinets for a gourmet meal that would both warm and fill my aching belly. Enter: Mac-n-Cheese. But of course, being the porker I am, this is not your Mama's baked mac-n-cheese. This is Ricotta and Spinach Tortellini in a Gorgonzola Cream Sauce (aka Tort-n-Cheese).

Once the drool stops oozing from your mouth, feel free to try out the recipe below. I love this recipe because its delicious, quick and easy to make (plus, clean up is minimal, which is always a plus). To be honest, the measurements below are kinda guesses. Just add as much or as little as your taste buds demand, but this should be a good guide.

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
salt 
pepper

Follow the package directions for cooking the tortellini. While the pasta is boiling, pour cream into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Allow to boil, in order to thicken the cream. Once cream is boiling, reduce heat to low. Combine heavy cream, gorgonzola cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Drain pasta once fully cooked. Add pasta to cream sauce. Dig in!

In the future, I will try to post photos of the food I eat, but I was too hungry to stop and take a picture of this one before hand. One last thing I like about this recipe is that you can change it up. Add pine nuts, chicken, basil to make it more healthy, or add different cheeses to change it up. For me, I'm happy with my good ol', carb-a-licious Tort-n-cheese!

1 comment:

Antonio Tahhan said...

mmm... this sounds so yummy!! I'm definitely gonna try this one out soon : )
thanks for linking to my site, too!